Friday, June 27, 2014

He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul

Hey dear ones!

I know it's been a while. Terribly sorry. Unless you felt like you needed a break from my frequent updates. Then you are so welcome. 

Since I've last written you, dear general public, I've been up to all sorts of shenanigans, as I'm sure you can imagine. 

Between shenanigans, however, I've had quite a bit of free time. Being the hyper, adventure-hungry extrovert that I am, this has been a bit of a challenge for me at times. One of the biggest things I'm learning this summer is to exchange restlessness for rest. 

During my down time, I've gotten to spend lots of time getting to know other beautiful souls. I've also gotten to spend lots of time getting to know my king, Jesus, reading his love letter and talking with him. I'm learning to recognize that time spent building relationships isn't wasted. This is what I was made for and these are the things that impact eternity. 

(Here are some places I've found rest on the past couple days)


The first half of this summer has been less about doing and more about being. Don't get me wrong, I've been privileged to do some amazing things, but the pace has allowed for so much rest. It has allowed me to daily offer myself as available and flexible to do what needs to be done and smile when plans change. I looked back at my journal from the beginning of summer at intern training. My team had shared things we had learned on the amazing race that we wanted to remember. One of these insights was that "God uses walking." The first day of the race, we had pushed ourselves, trying to run everywhere. Quickly, we found that this wasn't sustainable or enjoyable, and adopted a slower, but still intentional pace. This is a beautiful picture of the last month, working together, walking, being intentional. I am so full of God's love and overwhelmed with his grace and faithfulness. 

Tomorrow is a turning point. Tomorrow the campers come, and this summer will never be the same! Life is about to pick up speed and may not slow down much til I am on the flip side of this internship. I am so excited to spend my energy teaching, learning from, talking with, and playing with students. And I am so grateful to be so rested going into it. 

Glad that God uses walking and ready to run full speed ahead into camp,

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment