Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Last Time I've Done Something for the First Time

My family has gone to some crazy and far off places together, but my favorite family vacation was when we went to Michigan three years ago. On that trip, we came across a quote we've often since referenced and which makes me think of my dad every time: "When is the last time you've done something for the first time?"

Here is a list of some of my firsts from the past two and a half weeks:

-became an intern 
-swam in pants (twice)
-went to Slovenia
-went to Czech 
-went to a castle
-ate horse that actually admitted openly to being horse
-went creek stompin in Chacos (seriously so much better than flip flops)
-watched Wes Anderson films (and loved them)
-tried to slack line
-tried svickova, Kofala, and other Czech foods and drinks
-actively tried to enjoy mashed potatoes 
-made my foot bleed playing ping pong
-made my foot bleed playing ninja
-rode business class on a train 

I've met tons of new people from all over the United States and all over the world and getting to know all of these beautiful souls tops anything else on the list. I love adventures, but more than that, I love the ones with whom I share them and the God for whom I take then. I trust that this both this list and I will grow a lot throughout the summer. 

This is for my dad: a fellow adventurer and my supporter. To the man who consistently made sure I was planning to study abroad, to the man who encourages me to try new things and explore new places. To the man who I blame for my legs anxious to walk new paths, my mouth ready to speak to new people, intertwining stories and lives, and my heart seeking daily to know the heart of my Savior more fully. Happy Father's Day.  

Love, 
Jenna "Gina Marie" Pinkston


No comments:

Post a Comment