Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flan, Pastel, y Jugo

Today was SO HARD. Saying goodbye is not one of my favorite things. After discipleship, I headed over to a grupo that was slightly sober, knowing that it was our last time together. We enjoyed some delicious flan that Mandy made with her sister. May the word go out that today was the first time I actually enjoyed flan. It was that good.

We headed over to the Vida Estudiantil meeting where we had a surprise birthday party for Courtney, whose birthday is in a little over two weeks. There was cake and balloons and everything. It took Courtney quite a while to realize what was going on, but when she did, I would definitely say that she was surprised. Take notes: a surprise birthday party is most successful not only the party, but also the birthday itself, is a surprise.

I narrowly avoided tears as we hugged and beso-ed our amigos for the last time.

When we stopped for our last trip to the jugo stand, I had Courtney order jugo de guanabana for me as I went to the bathroom. When I came out, she told me they were out. I could have sworn she was lying, so I asked our friend who works there and SHE WAS RIGHT. Again, narrowly avoiding tears, I ordered maracuya and approached CJ with a look of utter sadness upon my face.

"No," he said, "They're out of guanabana? No, they aren't. Oh, they are!" He knew. My face told it all. He gave me a sip of his guanabana and a much needed hug. Jason also got guanabana and offered insistently that he would trade with me! Oh happy day! What a team I have!


We got home much later than usual, with full hearts. Currently, we are between a trip to the art market to buy last minute souvenirs and a night of food and fun with the team. Everything is happening so quickly.

Taking it all in,

Jenna B.

No comments:

Post a Comment