Sunday, July 1, 2012

Regresamos

I promise you all, this is the last blog post before I go to bed, which I plan to do with some excitement. Today, we had to leave the beach. We left the magical breakfasts, the giant, beautiful dogs, the hippie art, the library, the gardens, the instruments and hammocks for guest use. We left a half trampled Kingdom.

It is probably for the best that we left. Had we not, many a terrible thing was bound to happen, including, but not limited to:

  • Skin cancer from too much sunburn. The top half of my back is bright red as it is.
  • Nervous system damage from too many jellyfish stings.
  • Fatness from the amazing food.
  • Death from falling off of a rock. The longer I hung around Misty Point, the more liberal I became with my definition of climbable rocks. I am lucky to have only a few minor scrapes.
  • Getting even more behind on the blog.
  • Missing out on awesome opportunities in the big city and on campuses.
  • Courtney would run out of memory for videos.
Basically, it's great that we are back at hotel sweet hotel, safe and sound. 

The weekend was a great time of rest and refocus. We discussed areas of the team norms and of our mission here that are going well and that need improvement. Getting to sing songs of worship together outside was absolutely lovely as well.

Besides all of the things God taught us, we sure learned a lot about science. The first thing under this category is exactly how many times in a weekend one can say/hear the word "science." It's more than you think. Science is everywhere, especially on the beach. 

Best of all, I learned how to flip in a hammock without falling out, enabling me to sleep on my stomach. And thus the name of CJ Hansen is found within the list of people who have changed my life for the better.

Tomorrow, we are back to business. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we start out this second half of our adventure in Ecuador. Science is telling me that it is getting pretty close to time for bed.

Besos!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment